About the Institute
Tenstrings Music Institute is the best-spread and most patronized music training institution in Nigeria, with study centers in Ikeja, Lekki/Ajah, Surulere, Festac Town, Port Harcourt and Abuja; with plans to open more centers in other major communities across the country. It is highly reputable nation-wide for breeding first-class music professionals and offering several other professional music services innovatively.
Tenstrings was founded by Akapo Emmanuel to cater to the needs of young music artistes who desire to build careers in contemporary music (Hippop, Reggae, R&B, Gospel, Jazz, Rock, Highlife, Afrobeat,etc) by equipping them with an all encompassing music & business training. This is the reason the institute adopts what is called a dynamic curriculum (i.e. it constantly adjusts its training content & approach to align with global trends in contemporary music business).
- To innovatively help you realize your dream of becoming a successful contemporary musician. To raise musicians and music professionals who will be truly successful and will continuously remain relevant in the ever changing global music market
- To employ the best of innovation and global best practices in helping our students trace their way to sustainable STARDOM.
- To raise role models who will become giants in music & general entertainment entrepreneurship, and propel the entertainment industry to global limelight and a major sector of the Nigerian economy.
- To creatively engage young people and encourage teamwork amongst them at the community level.
- Using music as a tool to inject positive values into young people towards building a strong and sustainable society.
We are motivated by the huge amount of talented young people spread across Africa, and we accept the great honour and privilege to be in a position to sharpen the talents and transform them to superstars.
We are inspired by the enormous power of music – it is strong enough to positively turn our communities around and empower young people career wise.
Amidst the current global economic meltdown, the entertainment industry, everywhere in the world, has remain thriving, and even in some cases serving as a bailout. We at Tenstrings believe that through hard work and innovation we can leverage on this to build a formidable music sector in Africa.
Our strength lies in individuality and flexibility in attending to all our students. People learn music for different reasons, shared success comes only when the learner achieves a sense of fulfillment at the end of their program with us.
Our curriculum and teaching approach are based on most recent developments and international best practices in music training. We deliver our training services through well groomed, first-class professionals and facility.
Study Centers' Addresses
Ikeja Study Centre (Head office) : 24 Afariogun Street, off Obafemi Awolowo way, by Ikeja Bus stop, Ikeja, Lagos.
Ajah Study Centre : 11 Okunmoyinbo Street, off Addo Road (the street opposite MRS filling station), Ajah, Lagos.
Surulere Study Centre: 27 Bank Olemoh Street (the street by Eko Hospital), off Akerele Street, Surulere, Lagos.
Festac Study Centre: House 9, Road 12, off 1st Avenue (the turning on your left after Rumors), Festac Town, Lagos.
Port Harcourt: 7B, Covenant Avenue, (the street besides Mummy B’s Church), off Stadium Road, G.R.A Phase 4, Port Harcourt (Rivers State) – 08182478655 (Jeniffer, Manager).